Quanta Dialysis Technologies® Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 06641134 whose registered office is at The Woods, Haywood Road, Warwick, CV34 5AH Quanta is a medical device company that provides hemodialysis products and services so that patients can carry out hemodialysis in their home or in a clinic or in a hospital (Services).
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal information provided to us. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we process, what we do with your personal information, and why we process it. It also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
It is important that you take time to read it carefully. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. By using the Quanta™ website you are agreeing to its terms.
SCOPE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies in the following circumstances:
- when you request information from us or provide information to us;
- when you or the organization you work for provide services to us;
- when you apply for a role or work placement opportunity with us;
- when you visit us at seminars, conferences and other hosted events;
- when you visit our Website;
- when you are entered onto our mailing lists to receive publications and other marketing emails (please see section 12 for more information); and
- when we are given your information by contacts in our corporate network.
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. Examples of personal information include your name, an identification number; location data; an online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
We will collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as your employer, regulatory authorities, other organizations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, recruitment agencies, information or service providers, publicly available records and the third parties described in section 6.
We may collect, current and historical personal information including your name (including name prefix or title), contact details (such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)), nationality, identification, gender, organization, employment, business interests, positions held, special categories of data (such as race and ethnicity, trade union membership, information about health or information, political opinions, or religious beliefs), billing and financial information (such as billing address, bank account and payment information), and enquiry/complaint details. We may also collect personal information about your dealings with us, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email, or online (including but not limited to contact forms, feedback forms, or job application forms).
When you use our online services, we may collect the following:
- information you provide by completing subscription, registration, and application forms (including when you submit material or request further services);
- information you provide to us if you contact us, for example to report a problem or raise a query; and
- details of visits made to our online services such as the volume of traffic received, logs (including, the Internet protocol (IP) address, and location of the device connecting to the online services, and other identifiers about the device and the nature of the visit) and the resources accessed.
- In addition, our offices are protected by CCTV and you may be recorded when you visit. We use CCTV to help provide a safe and secure environment for our visitors and the people who work for us.
If you apply for a job or work placement with us you may need to provide information about your education, employment, racial background, and state of health. Your application constitutes your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out both recruitment analytics and any monitoring activities, which may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
We use an online application provided by Workable Software Limited (“Workable”), to assist with our recruitment process. We use Workable to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Workable is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information.
Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s privacy notice.
We may also carry out screening checks (including reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability, and criminal record checks) and consider you for other positions.
We may disclose your personal information (including diversity and equal opportunities data) to academic institutions, recruiters, screening check providers, health service providers, professional and trade associations, law enforcement agencies, recruitment analytics and diversity research providers, referees and your current and previous employers.
We may also collect your personal information from these parties in some circumstances. Without your personal information we may not be able to progress considering you for positions with us.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use Workable’s technology to select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria expressly identified by us, or typical in relation to the role for which you have applied. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic; however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by Quanta staff.
Additional recruitment information
Workable provides us with the facility to link the data you provide to us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet—this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Workable’s technology allows us to search various databases—some publicly available and others not—which may include your personal data (include your CV or résumé), to find possible candidates to fill Quanta job openings. Where we find you in this way, we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may also receive your personal data from a third-party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organization you work for; or
- necessary in connection with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- you have provided your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organization that you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary); or
- we (or a third-party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms; or
we are otherwise required or authorized by law.
We use your information to:
- power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website. It also lets us do things that should recognise your username and password, where required, including enabling you to reset your password should you forget it;
- tell you about any changes to our Services or activities;
- ensure high standards of quality and safety of healthcare, our medical products or medical devices;
- provide you or the organization you work for with information about Quanta and its business;
- maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- monitor and analyze our business;
- facilitate our internal business operations and to spot trends and factors and try to match our Services to future enhancements and customer requirements;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- identify products you may be interested in;
- send you details about our products, services, product news, event and updates (please see section 12);
- protect, establish, exercise or defend legal rights; and
- process and respond to requests, enquiries or complaints received from you.
- We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory, internal policy or other business requirements. For further details regarding Quanta’s retention policies please send an email to email@example.com.
Furthermore, we will indicate if the provision of certain information is voluntary, and you will be able to withdraw your consent or exercise your rights in relation to this information at any time as permitted or required by applicable law.
In the event that we use your personal information for other purposes, not specified above, we will inform you about the specific purposes for processing your personal information and, when required, our basis for doing so at the time we collect the personal information from you to the extent required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information in the ways set out in this notice and, in particular, to the following recipients:
- any of our group companies;
- third party service providers to whom we outsource services, for example archival, auditing, reference checking, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial, recruiting and business consulting), IT support, mailing house, delivery, technology, website, social media, research, banking, payment, customer contact, data processing, insurance, litigation support, data room, marketing and security services;
- third parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- third parties who carry out research and analyses of our products and services on our behalf;
- any third-party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- any prospective investor;
- any prospective buyer in the event we sell any part of our business or assets;
- regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and other law enforcement agencies;
- any other third parties who provide services to us.
Social Media Features
The Quanta website includes links that will take you to Quanta’s social media pages located on social media sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. Our pages on social media sites are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it. You should consult the privacy notice of the relevant social media site for details on how they process your personal information.
The Quanta website may contain links to other third-party websites whose information practices may be different from ours. You should consult the other sites’ privacy policies since we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties, and our Privacy Notice does not cover activities occurring at other websites.
SENDING YOUR INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to (including accessed in or stored in) a country or territory outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), including to countries whose laws may not offer the same level of protection of personal information as are enjoyed within the UK or the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information internationally, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use, which give personal information the same protection it has in the UK.
- Where we transfer personal information to companies within the Quanta group, such companies will be subject to binding corporate rules that ensure that they process data to the same standards as Quanta.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to hold information securely in electronic or physical form and to prevent unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Our information security policies are supported by a number of security standards, processes and procedures and we store information in access-controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to access this information. We require our third-party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security industry standards and data protection laws. All employees and third-party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.