Quanta Dialysis Technologies® Limited incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 06641134 whose registered office is at The Woods, Haywood Road, Warwick, CV34 (Quanta) is a medical device company that provides hemodialysis products and services so that patients can carry out hemodialysis in their home or in a clinic or in a hospital (Services).
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal information provided to us. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we process, what we do with your personal information, and why we process it. It also describes the measures we take to protect the security of your personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
It is important that you take time to read it carefully. This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us will be processed by us. By using the Quanta™ website you are agreeing to its terms.
SCOPE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice applies in the following circumstances:
- when you request information from us or provide information to us;
- when you or the organization you work for provide services to us;
- when you apply for a role or work placement opportunity with us;
- when you visit us at seminars, conferences, and other hosted events;
- when you visit our Website;
- when you are entered onto our mailing lists to receive publications and other marketing emails (please see section 12 for more information); and
- when we are given your information by contacts in our corporate network.
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. Examples of personal information include your name, an identification number; location data; an online identifier; or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity.
We will collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as your employer, regulatory authorities, other organizations with whom you have dealings, government agencies, recruitment agencies, information or service providers, publicly available records, and the third parties described in section 6.
We may collect, current and historical personal information including your name (including name prefix or title), contact details (such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)), nationality, identification, gender, organization, employment, business interests, positions held, special categories of data (such as race and ethnicity, trade union membership, information about health or information, political opinions, or religious beliefs), billing and financial information (such as billing address, bank account, and payment information), and enquiry/complaint details. We may also collect personal information about your dealings with us, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email, or online (including but not limited to contact forms, feedback forms, or job application forms).
When you use our online services, we may collect the following:
-information you provide by completing subscription, registration, and application forms (including when you submit material or request further services);
- information you provide to us if you contact us, for example to report a problem or raise a query; and
- details of visits made to our online services such as the volume of traffic received, logs (including, the Internet protocol (IP) address, and location of the device connecting to the online services, and other identifiers about the device and the nature of the visit) and the resources accessed.
- In addition, our offices are protected by CCTV and you may be recorded when you visit. We use CCTV to help provide a safe and secure environment for our visitors and the people who work for us.
If you apply for a job or work placement with us you may need to provide information about your education, employment, racial background, and state of health. Your application constitutes your express consent to our use of this information to assess your application and to allow us to carry out both recruitment analytics and any monitoring activities, which may be required of us under applicable law as an employer.
We use an online application provided by Workable Software Limited (“Workable”) to assist with our recruitment process. We use Workable to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Workable is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information.
Where you apply for a job opening via the application function on a job site or similar online service provider (“Partner”), you should note that the relevant Partner may retain your personal data and may also collect data from us in respect of the progress of your application. Any use by the Partner of your data will be in accordance with the Partner’s privacy notice.
We may also carry out screening checks (including reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability, and criminal record checks) and consider you for other positions.
We may disclose your personal information (including diversity and equal opportunities data) to academic institutions, recruiters, screening check providers, health service providers, professional and trade associations, law enforcement agencies, recruitment analytics and diversity research providers, referees and your current and previous employers.
We may also collect your personal information from these parties in some circumstances. Without your personal information we may not be able to progress considering you for positions with us.
Automated decision making/profiling
We may use Workable’s technology to select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria expressly identified by us, or typical in relation to the role for which you have applied. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic; however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by Quanta staff.
Additional recruitment information
Workable provides us with the facility to link the data you provide to us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet—this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Workable’s technology allows us to search various databases—some publicly available and others not, which may include your personal data (include your CV or résumé), to find possible candidates to fill Quanta job openings. Where we find you in this way, we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
We may also receive your personal data from a third party who recommends you as a candidate for a specific job opening or for our business more generally.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or the organization you work for; or
- necessary in connection with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- you have provided your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organization that you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary); or
- we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest that is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms; or
- we are otherwise required or authorized by law.
We use your information to:
- power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website. It also lets us do things that should recognise your username and password, where required, including enabling you to reset your password should you forget it;
- tell you about any changes to our Services or activities;
- ensure high standards of quality and safety of healthcare, our medical products or medical devices;
- provide you or the organization you work for with information about Quanta and its business;
- maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- monitor and analyze our business;
- facilitate our internal business operations and to spot trends and factors and try to match our Services to future enhancements and customer requirements;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- identify products you may be interested in;
- send you details about our products, services, product news, events, and updates (please see section 12);
- protect, establish, exercise, or defend legal rights; and
- process and respond to requests, enquiries, or complaints received from you.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory, internal policy, or other business requirements. For further details regarding Quanta’s retention policies please send an email to email@example.com.
Furthermore, we will indicate if the provision of certain information is voluntary, and you will be able to withdraw your consent or exercise your rights in relation to this information at any time as permitted or required by applicable law.
In the event that we use your personal information for other purposes, not specified above, we will inform you about the specific purposes for processing your personal information and, when required, our basis for doing so at the time we collect the personal information from you to the extent required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not and will not sell, rent out, or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information in the ways set out in this notice and, in particular, to the following recipients:
- any of our group companies;
- third party service providers to whom we outsource services, for example archival, auditing, reference checking, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial, recruiting, and business consulting), IT support, mailing house, delivery, technology, website, social media, research, banking, payment, customer contact, data processing, insurance, litigation support, data room, marketing, and security services;
- third parties with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- third parties who carry out research and analyses of our products and services on our behalf;
- any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- any prospective investor;
- any prospective buyer in the event we sell any part of our business or assets;
- regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies, and other law enforcement agencies;
- any other third parties who provide services to us.
Social Media Features
The Quanta website may contain links to other third-party websites whose information practices may be different from ours. You should consult the other sites’ privacy policies since we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties, and our Privacy Notice does not cover activities occurring at other websites.
SENDING YOUR INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect from you may be transferred to (including accessed in or stored in) a country or territory outside the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), including to countries whose laws may not offer the same level of protection of personal information as are enjoyed within the UK or the EEA. Where we transfer your personal information internationally, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use, which give personal information the same protection it has in the UK.
- Where we transfer personal information to companies within the Quanta group, such companies will be subject to binding corporate rules that ensure that they process data to the same standards as Quanta.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to hold information securely in electronic or physical form and to prevent unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. Our information security policies are supported by a number of security standards, processes and procedures, and we store information in access-controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to access this information. We require our third-party data storage providers to comply with appropriate information security industry standards and data protection laws. All employees and third-party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Data protection law requires that we set out the legal basis for holding and using information about you. We have set out the various reasons we use information about you, and alongside each, the legal basis for doing so.
Providing improved quality, training and security and conducting service and product surveys, research and planning activities
We have an appropriate business need to use your information that does not overly prejudice you.
Contacting you and resolving queries
We have an appropriate business need to use your information that does not overly prejudice you.
Investigating and responding to complaints or claims, complying with our legal or regulatory obligations and defending or exercising our legal rights
The use is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations.
Managing our business and retaining records
We have an appropriate business need to use your information that does not overly prejudice you The use is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations.
Passing your information to a third party we use in the provision of our products or recruitment services
We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling a contract with a healthcare provider for the provision of our products and services and the recruitment of staff for our business.
Using your personal information for marketing purposes
You have provided your consent.
In certain circumstances, local data protection laws and certain local laws (including the UK’s DPA 2018) give you rights with respect to your personal information. These rights differ by country/region. These rights may include:
- If we are using or sharing your personal information based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Note that withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of our uses or sharing of that information before you withdrew your consent.
- You can request access to or copies of your personal information, including knowing whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what kind and for what purposes. You can also request information about who has received your personal information.
- You can request that we correct your personal information if you think it is inaccurate or incomplete or request that we erase or delete your personal information, unless we have a legal obligation to hold it or are otherwise permitted by applicable law to retain it.
- You can request that we restrict the processing of your personal information and not delete it.
- You can request that we provide you with your personal information that we obtained from you based on your consent or a contract so that you can store and re-use it for your personal use, and you can ask us to provide it to another entity.
- You can exercise your rights by using the contact details set out in section 16 below.
IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RECEIVE MARKETING INFORMATION FROM US
We may contact you by email or by post and send you details about our products, company news and updates (where we have received your consent to do so, or we believe that you may be interested in the material as it relates to products or services similar to those that you have previously indicated an interest in acquiring from us).
If you receive marketing materials relating to our products and services by email or post, you may withdraw your consent for us to send these to you at any time, by choosing to “opt-out” of marketing or promotional communications in accordance with the unsubscribe instructions included in the specific communication or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “unsubscribe” in the subject line. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferences by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your personal information will only be kept for as long as we reasonably consider necessary for achieving the purposes set out above or for as long as we are legally required to keep it. Please contact us for further details of applicable retention periods.
Quanta’s website is not directed at children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STATUS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We review this Privacy Notice regularly and reserve the right to revise it or any part of it from time to time to reflect changes in the law or technology practices. It is your responsibility to review the amended Privacy Notice.
CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or want to submit a written complaint to us about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at:
Quanta Dialysis Technologies Limited
Attention: Data Protection Officer
You may also have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
If you make a privacy complaint, we will respond to let you know how your complaint will be handled. We may ask you for further details, consult with other parties and keep records regarding your complaint.